Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Tuna Casserole!

One of many things I had been looking forward to when it came to finally getting married and getting to be with my Hubby is getting to cook for him! We both like just about anything and he is willing to eat anything I make. How awesome is that!! It just happens that we both love Tuna Casserole and I came across a for 2 and figured this was the perfect recipe for us! Being that we like leftovers, or more like I do, I did double the recipe and baked it in individual casserole dishes.  I also changed a few things like no pimentos and the addition of peas. I didn't have chives so I left that out and I just used my shredded Colby cheese blend that I had on hand. This is a fantastic recipe! We have it at least once a month and there is almost never anything left! If you like Tuna Casserole this is definitely the recipe to try! The title will be linked to the original recipe, definitely check out Taste of Home!

Tuna Casserole:

Ingredients:

1 3/4 c  uncooked wide egg noodles
6 teaspoons butter, divided
4 teaspoons flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
dash of pepper
3/4 c 2% milk
1 package (3 oz) cream cheese, softened
1 pouch (2 1/2 oz) Albacore white tuna in water
2 teaspoons diced pimentos
2 teaspoons minced chives
2 slices Munster cheese (3/4 oz each)
2 Tablespoons soft bread crumbs


Directions:  

1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt 5 teaspoons butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add the cream cheese, tuna, pimientos and chives. Cook and stir until cheese is melted.

2. Drain noodles. Spread 1/4 cup tuna mixture into a 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with half of the noodles, 1/2 cup tuna mixture and one slice of cheese. Repeat layers.

3. In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt remaining butter; stir in bread crumbs. Sprinkle over top of casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 2 servings.

Seriously a great recipe. The cream cheese adds an amazing level of creaminess we love! Hope you all enjoy! 



No comments: