Monday, April 28, 2014

Chocolate Banana Cream Cake..

The main reason I started this little group is to try some new things and help others step out of their boundaries. I am not gonna lie, when this recipe popped up as the second recipe I thought eww. Which is weird considering I love banana's and love chocolate and well love frozen chocolate covered banana's so why am I just saying eww?!  I set out to just go with it and hope for the best! It is very easy to make and I did change a couple of things. The recipe calls for vanilla pudding and banana extract I opted to just use banana cream pudding. I use it when I make banana pudding so why not here. I also bypassed all the sugar free stuff just because ha-ha. I used Hershey's Hot Fudge sauce as well. I am not a fan of gelatinous hot fudge and I will tell you that the Hershey's sauce is pretty bomb! It was perfect drizzle and spreading consistency and well I am definitely a fan of it and have a bit left over of something else.. or perhaps to just remake this! The recipe is also found at Allrecipes.com and My husband and I ended up loving the end result! We ate the whole thing over the span of 5 days and when I planned to take it to work he said "you aren't taking it all are you!" so.. yea a slice was taken and that was it. The rest was all for us! I would definitely say try it because it was so good and I was pleasantly surprised. We will definitely have it again!!

Chocolate Banana Cream Cake 


Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
1 (18.25 ounce) package Pillsbury®
Reduced Sugar Devils Food Cake
2 large eggs
2/3 cup CRISCO® Canola Oil
1 3/4 cups milk, divided
1 (1 ounce) package sugar free, fat free
instant vanilla pudding mix
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese,
softened
1 teaspoon imitation banana extract
1 (8 ounce) container sugar free frozen
whipped topping, thawed
1 (11.75 ounce) jar Smucker's® Sugar
Free Hot Fudge Spoonable Ice Cream
Topping
2 large bananas
1 teaspoon lemon juice
 
Directions:
 
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray bottom of a 9-inch round springform pan with no-stick cooking spray.
2. Blend cake mix, eggs, oil and 3/4 cup milk in a medium bowl until moistened. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan. Bake 38-42 minutes. Cool completely.
3. Blend pudding mix with 1 cup cold milk. In another bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Mix in pudding and banana extract. Blend in whipped topping. Remove 1 cup and reserve. Stir 2/3 cup fudge topping in small bowl until of spreading consistency. Slice bananas 1/4-inch thick. Dip 3 slices in lemon juice. Cover and reserve for garnish.
4. Remove cake from pan. Cut in half horizontally. Cover bottom layer with fudge topping. Top with sliced bananas and remaining 3 cups pudding mixture. Cover with top cake layer. Spread 1 cup reserved pudding onto center of cake. Place 2 tablespoons fudge topping into a corner of a 1-quart resealable bag. Knead. Cut small corner off bag. Drizzle fudge topping over top of cake. Refrigerate at least 1 hour. Garnish with reserved banana slices just before serving.
 I do think next time I may just use to 8 in round cakes instead of a spring form pan; It may just be easier. But I will say that every day that it sat it got better and better. We loved the filling and well the whole cake!!

No comments: