Monday, April 28, 2014

Mini Tacos

I started a group in hopes that I could keep up on and get back into my blog.. instead I made 4 recipes and have only posted one of them! Bad Tina!!!! So here is the next in the mix. One of the recipes gives was one that our member makes pretty regularly and takes to gatherings. The recipes is called Mini Tacos and is found at Allrecipes.com. I have to say that when I first make a recipe I rarely change much then later see what I could do to tweak it, 11 people made it and each made it to suit them! I was so happy and proud to see such creativeness coming out, which was definitely something I was hoping to see eventually! Either way. I would say the only thing I did different was use my favorite salsas and taco seasoning. Aside from that I made my recipe as is.
We definitely loved this and they will be made again, especially with almost a whole package of Wonton wrappers in the freezer! Next time I will jump on board with others and top with some lettuce and tomatoes!
They are super easy, give them a try!!

Mini Tacos


24 wonton wrappers
1 pound lean ground beef
1 (1.12 ounce) package Pace® Dry
Taco Seasoning Mix
2 tablespoons Pace® Picante Sauce
1/2 cup Pace® Chunky Salsa
1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
 
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Press wonton wrappers into mini-muffin cups.
3. Cook beef in skillet until browned. Drain off fat. Stir in taco seasoning mix and picante sauce.
4. Spoon beef mixture into wonton cups. Top with salsa and cheese.
5. Bake about 8 minutes or until wontons are golden brown.
6. Serve immediately with additional salsa. Garnish with sour cream and sliced ripe olives if desired. Makes 24 appetizers.
 
So much easier than I imagined and so tasty!
 

No comments: