Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Cold Winters day and Cheeseburger Soup!


I warned my husband of some very specific things if I was to move back to Indiana. Those things were that he was guaranteed that I would bitch abut snow, humidity and bugs lol. So of course it has been a horrible Winter and I have made sure to whine about it as much as I can. Yea yea yea.. it is pretty.. so pretty.. until of course you have to walk in it, dig  your car out of it and deal with idiots that are on the road. So personally snow is very highly overrated!
Either way on this particularly snowy day I was off and decided that it was the perfect day to make this soup I had found on a different blog. Chocolate, chocolate and more had this recipe and it sounded amazing! So I jumped on board and busted out my favorite Le Cruset dutch oven and set to making this awesome soup. As usual I made tweaks to fit either what I had on hand or what I like so they are as follows: I used fake Velveeta ( I am on a budget and it was cheaper and the same as the real thing.. wait Velveeta is not exactly real but you all get my meaning!), I left out celery.. honestly in soup I am fine with it but I forgot to buy a stalk since I generally hate it. That is basically the only thing I changed. The author of this blog definitely said it was easy and it was! I have linked her blog in the title of it above and I will also link it in the title of the recipe. She deserves full credit; it was a great find!

Cheeseburger Soup:  

Ingredients:
  • 1 pound ground beef, cooked
  • 1 cup diced carrots
  • 1/2 cup diced celery
  • 1/2 onion, diced
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 2-3 large potatoes, peeled and diced
  • 4 cups chicken broth
  • 1 teaspoon dried parsley
  • 1 cup velveeta cheese, cubed ( or any other processed cheese)
  • 1 cup milk ( I used skim milk)
  • salt and pepper to taste
Directions:

1. In a large soup pot, melt butter. add in carrots, celery and onions, Cook over medium heat until onions become translucent. About 5-8 minutes.
2. Add chicken broth, potatoes and parsley, let come to a low boil and cook for 10 minutes, make sure potatoes are fully cooked.
3. Turn heat down to low, stir in ground beef, cheese and milk, add salt and pepper to taste. Once cheese is melted and all ingredients are blended.

 On a cold, snowy day this soup will hit the spot and it is quick! Next time I will have some crusty bread to go along with it!
Enjoy!!

No comments: