Either way on this particularly snowy day I was off and decided that it was the perfect day to make this soup I had found on a different blog. Chocolate, chocolate and more had this recipe and it sounded amazing! So I jumped on board and busted out my favorite Le Cruset dutch oven and set to making this awesome soup. As usual I made tweaks to fit either what I had on hand or what I like so they are as follows: I used fake Velveeta ( I am on a budget and it was cheaper and the same as the real thing.. wait Velveeta is not exactly real but you all get my meaning!), I left out celery.. honestly in soup I am fine with it but I forgot to buy a stalk since I generally hate it. That is basically the only thing I changed. The author of this blog definitely said it was easy and it was! I have linked her blog in the title of it above and I will also link it in the title of the recipe. She deserves full credit; it was a great find!
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2-3 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 cup velveeta cheese, cubed ( or any other processed cheese)
- 1 cup milk ( I used skim milk)
- salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large soup pot, melt butter. add in carrots, celery and onions, Cook over medium heat until onions become translucent. About 5-8 minutes.
2. Add chicken broth, potatoes and parsley, let come to a low boil and cook for 10 minutes, make sure potatoes are fully cooked.
3. Turn heat down to low, stir in ground beef, cheese and milk, add salt and pepper to taste. Once cheese is melted and all ingredients are blended.