Saturday, April 30, 2011

Fudgy Rocky Road Bars

Good ole Martha Stewart! I may not read the magazine any more or watch the show son TV, but I do love her Food everyday magazine. There are usually great tips and recipes in it and in the April 2011 I found this one. There are actually several bars recipes but this is soooo easy! Simple ingredients and quick to throw together. Rich but addictive!! Chill them well and just enjoy! Oh did I mention that I love Rocky Road Ice Cream and Rocky Road Brownies.. so how could I not make these!?



Fudgy Rocky Road Bars:


8 graham crackers
1 1/2 c natural almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped
1 c marshmallow topping ( I uhm.. used the whole damn jar!)
1 bag (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
1 can (14 oz) condensed milk

Preheat oven to 375. Line bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish with graham crackers, breaking them to fit if necessary, breaking them to fit if necessary. Bake until crackers are lightly toasted and fragrant, about 8 minutes. Sprinkle with almonds and dollop with marshmallow topping.
In a heatproof bowl set over (not in) a pan of simmering water, combine chocolate chips and condensed milk. ( I so cheated here! I put the chocolate and milk in a bowl and slowly microwaved it until melted and combined!.. that is why we have microwaves right!!) Cook, stirring occasionally, until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Pour chocolate mixture over marshmallow topping, working quickly swirl together with a thin-bladed knife. Refrigerate until set, about 1 hour. Cut into 18 squares.

Seriously sooo yummy! a definite fix for that chocolate craving! Oh and I through some almonds on top as well cause I truly feel you can never have enough nuts!




No comments: