Sunday, April 15, 2012

Martha’s Double Chocolate Brownies!

I had told someone at work a couple weeks ago that I would make her brownies, since I was on a roll this past week I decided to bust out some brownies as well. I already had to go to my Martha Stewart Holiday Cookies Magazine for Scott’s Snickerdoodles (best recipe ever and the only one I make now!) I figured maybe there was a simple one in there. Sure enough there was; A simple recipe for a small 8x8 batch of brownies.  Are they good you wonder?? Duh!! It’s Martha Stewart and I have never had a bad recipe from her! These were amazing!!! Decadent little chocolate brownies that had just the right amount of fudgieness! I sprinkled a handful of chocolate chips on top as well as some crushed pecans because in my family every brownie should have nuts and almost every cookie as well.  Guess we are just a house full of nuts! 

I was able to find the recipe online at MarthaStewart.com and will have the link attached to the recipe as well, it’s Martha and I don’t want to get in trouble for giving credit where credit is due! On a side note, I use her Holiday Cookie Special Issue Dec. 2005 every year, some Great recipes in it!!! 

  • 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for pan
  • 6 ounces coarsely chopped good-quality semisweet chocolate
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (not Dutch-process)
  • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a buttered 8-inch square baking pan with foil or parchment paper, allowing 2 inches to hang over sides. Butter lining (excluding overhang); set pan aside.
  2. Put butter, chocolate, and cocoa in a heatproof medium bowl set over a pan of simmering water; stir until butter and chocolate are melted. Let cool slightly.
  3. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl; set aside.
  4. Put sugar, eggs, and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, and beat on medium speed until pale, about 4 minutes. Add chocolate mixture; beat until combined. Add flour mixture; beat, scraping down sides of bowl, until well incorporated.
  5. Pour batter into prepared pan; smooth top with a rubber spatula. Bake until a cake tester inserted into brownies (avoid center and edges) comes out with a few crumbs but is not wet, about 35 minutes. Let cool slightly in pan, about 15 minutes. Lift out brownies; let cool completely on a wire rack before cutting into squares
  


 

No comments: