Friday, July 2, 2010

Tina Frittata!!

So I am enjoying a weekend to myself, and have this urge for a Frittata. Easy to make.. but its been along time, like since school I think since I have made one. I looked at some recipe's and thought.. meh I can just create one!! so I did.. I had some spinach and mushrooms in the fridge and went to it!

1 Potato, peeled, par cooked and Diced ( I cheat and put it in the microwave for like 3 min, skin comes off easily and then I just dice it up! it's hot thought!)
1/4 diced sweet yellow onion
oil to cover pan
8 button mushrooms sliced
2 handfuls of baby spinach
6 eggs, beaten
1 green onion diced to green part
salt and pepper to taste
sprinkling of Parmesan cheese


heat oven to 425
heat oil in oven proof skillet. Brown potatoes and onions. When nicely golden add Mushrooms and cook til softening, add spinach. Cook til mushrooms are well sauteed and spinach is nicely wilted. Salt and pepper to taste.
I also salt and pepper my beaten eggs. Make sure veggies are spread out across the pan. Add beaten eggs and kind of move the sides a bit just to get the eggs all spread around. Once the base of the eggs look set. Sprinkle the chopped green onions on top and put pan in preheated oven and bake. Just before it was fully set I sprinkled parm on top and finished it off.
Super easy!!
What would I do different! Garlic next time, maybe 2 cloves for sure!! A few more mushrooms, but I love mushrooms ;) and maybe 2 more eggs so it is puffier. But as is .. its quite tasty!

No comments: