Saturday, July 3, 2010

Blackberry Peach Nectarine Freezer Jam!

 Well, it was suppose to be just Blackberry Peach, but when I went to pick up a couple more peaches I got home and realized that I had a mix of both so I used them haha.. I had saved my blackberry puree from earlier jam making and had it waiting in the freezer until the peaches showed up at the store! So why not add it to my do things list on my weekend of peace alone! And well I have to admit, after the Mango Chili Freezer Jam.. its damn easy to do!
So I will post the recipe as its suppose to be, but also add what I did differently being the added Nectarines lol

1 1/2 c Splenda, No calorie sweetener, granular
1.59oz pkg Ball Simple Creations Freezer Jam Fruit Pectin
3 cups finely chopped white Peaches (I used 2 c peaches 1 c nectarines)
1 c crushed blackberries ( yea.. up I pureed mine kinda, well a few pulses in the food processor!)
Stir Splenda and contents of pectin package in a bowl until well blended.
Add peaches and Blackberries. Stir 3 minutes.
Ladle Jam into clean jars to fill line. Twist on lids. Let stand until thickened, about 30 min
Refrigerate up to 3 wks or freeze up to 1 year.

I love the chunks. When I had the fruits together I did mash a bit, but I really like my jams chunky. I hate jelly just because its so.. smooth haha.. I want lots of chunky fruit!!! its quite tasty and very pretty I think! Can't wait to test it out on the Step Dad whom is Diabetic.. its Splenda!!

No comments: