Thursday, July 15, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookies anyone??

 So.. I have had this craving for sweets and nothing is curbing it! I noticed a bag of Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate Chips in the freezer like a week ago, and they have been calling to me ever since. I picked up butter and decided today was that day! Now.. as I set out to do this, I also saw my box of mini chocolate bars from Vosges Haut Chocolat . I love the Red Fire Bar is my all time favorite Chocolate Bar! So I decided that half the batch should have something extra added to it! These mini bars are 5oz each, so I chopped up both my Red Fire Bar and the Oaxaca Bar. One is Dark Chocolate one is Bittersweet. Red Fire is Ancho y Chipotle chilies and Ceylon cinnamon, Oaxaca is Oaxacan juajillo y pasilla chillies. So there should be some fire! in them.. I hope hehe.. either way should curb anyone's chocolate needs! I did just follow the Recipe on the back of the bag with much success, which does not always work. I have not always liked the recipes on the bags.

Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 1/4 c all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 c (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 c granulated sugar
3/4 c packed light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 12oz package Hershey's special dark Chocolate Chips
1 c chopped Nuts ( I used Hazelnuts)
(5 oz Red Fire Bar, 5 oz Oaxaca Bar for last half of the batch.

Heat oven to 375
Stir together flour, baking soda, and salt. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until creamy. Add eggs, beat well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts if desired.(after 2 pans are prepared, add the chopped Bars and mix)
Drop by rounded tsp onto un-greased cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 min or until lightly browned. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 5 doz ( I got 4 doz, but made the last batch slightly larger cookies hehe..)

Having tasted 1 of each, I would have loved bigger bars of Chocolate, you randomly get bits of heat and cinnamon, I definitely need to make cookies with them! Both batches are very tasty and so hit that chocolate spot right now! I do know that this recipe will be a keeper for chocolate chip cookies, it's hard to find a good one, and I am quite enjoying them! Slightly crisp outside and soft on the inside all I need is a tall glass of ice cold milk!!

No comments: