Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Am I a Fool???

Usually Yes, I am ..But this is a different kind of fool. This is the Blackberry Peach Fool. Since I got my first BBM package, I have been itching to use those adorable little Martini Glass's. But I also wanted something simple, fruity and made me think of the warmth of days to come. So going through my magazines while being sick, I came across Blueberry Peach fool and said mm til I saw the Blackberries again on sale. I am beginning to wonder if They are my new favorite Berry, they keep being on sale when I go to the store, some sign or something. So I changed it slightly to use them instead of the Blueberries. So I set out to make a light fluffy dessert, well snack seeing as I ate it at 4pm well before dinner ha-ha.Berry Peach Fool (I kept it as Berry seeing as I think you can use any berry )
1-1/2 c chopped peeled fresh or frozen peaches
1/4 c sugar
1/4 c unsweetened apple juice
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
dash salt
1 c heavy whipping cream
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 c fresh or frozen berries thawed

In a small saucepan, combine the peaches, sugar, apple juice, cinnamon and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until peaches are tender. Cool slightly.
In a blender, (I actually used a potato masher during the cooking process , wanting it a little chunkier.) process peach mixture until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl; cover and refrigerate until chilled.
Just before serving, whip cream until it begins to thicken. Add vanilla; beat until soft peaks form. Fold into the peach mixture. In parfait glasses, alternately layer blueberries and cream mixture.

Simple and very tasty!! and the cute little Martini glasses and spoons I got from BBM made them even better!!

1 comment:

Angel said...

That sounds almost evil. TO have so many tasty foods together is of the Debil!