Sunday, September 16, 2012

Grilled Pork Loin..



I am quite proud of my ability to cook, bake and grill but I am far from awesome.  I do love pork loin but I had not yet mastered it yet.  I was flipping through my Weber’s Real Grilling cookbook and came across Lightly Cured Pork Loin and decided I should try it!
It was so amazing, seriously!! I made the most juicy and flavorful pork loin ever.  It was even moist cold the next day when I made a sandwich out of it (And I hate sandwiches.. well not hate but they are far from my love list!).  Mom absolutely loved it and said she had never had pork so wonderful and juicy.  I am extremely proud of how well it came out and can’t wait to grill another pork loin!
I even got to use my Cinnamon Vanilla Orange Marmalade that I canned last year!


Lightly Cured Pork Loin with Orange-Mustard Glaze:
Salt Cure:
3 tbsp kosher salt
2 tsp prepared chili powder
1 tsp granulated garlic
1 tsp ground black pepper

1 boneless pork loin roast, about 2 ½ pounds, trimmed of excess fat

Glaze:

2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp orange marmalade
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1/8 tsp ground paper
 
1.       To make the salt cure: In a small bowl, mix the salt cure ingredients and rub it all over the roast.  Cover and refrigerate for 45 min to an hour.
2.       To make the Glaze, in a small sauce pan, stir the glaze ingredients.  Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and cook until the marmalade melts.
3.       Rinse the roast under cold water, washing away all the salt and spices, and pat dry with paper towels.  Allow to stand at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes before grilling.  Brush the glaze all over the roast.  Grill over Direct Medium heat until evenly caramelized on all sides, barely pink in the center, and to an internal temperature of 155, 40-45 minutes, turning every 5 – 10 minutes.  Remove from the grill and let rest for 5 minutes before cutting.

Serve warm.  I sliced it nice and then and it was amazing!! 
 I am still amazed at how well it came out and I will definitely be making this and more grilled pork loin again!

No comments: