Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Cinnamon Topped Zucchini Bread



 The one thing I had to make was cinnamon zucchini bread, especially when I found the recipe! I love cinnamon and couldn’t resist testing out this recipe.  One thing I loved about the recipes I picked from BettyCrocker.com is that both took whole wheat flour! I have had a bag of it in the freezer for, goodness, 2 years??? It was the perfect time to bust it out and get it used.  I really love the smell of cinnamon baking and this bread was delicious! Loved the crusty cinnamon on top and the flavor was great!!   I will definitely make this again, no questions about it!!




3 cups shredded zucchini (2 to 3 medium)
1 2/3 cups sugar
2/3 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 eggs
3 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose or whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking powder

Topping
3 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon cold butter or margarine


1. Move oven rack to low position so that tops of pans will be in center of oven, Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottoms only of 2 (8x4-inch) loaf pans or 1 (9x5-inch) loaf pan with shortening or cooking spray.
2. In large bowl, stir zucchini, sugar, oil, vanilla and eggs until well mixed. Stir in remaining ingredients. Divide batter evenly between 8-inch pans or pour into 9-inch pan.  I actually did 4 small/medium loaves using our pampered chef mini loaf stoneware.
3. In small bowl, mix topping ingredients with fork until crumbly; for 8-inch loaves, sprinkle evenly over batter in both pans. For 9-inch loaf, sprinkle over batter in pan.
4. Bake 8-inch loaves 50 to 60 minutes, 9-inch loaf 1 hour 10 minutes to 1 hour 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on cooling rack 10 minutes.
5.  Loosen sides of loaves from pans; remove from pans and place top side up on cooling rack. Cool completely, about 2 hours, before slicing. Wrap tightly and store at room temperature up to 4 days, or refrigerate up to 10 days.

I used the mini loaf pan for all my batches and total I had 26 of them!! I loved this recipe, I am a huge cinnamon fan and this was so yummy!!  


No comments: