Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Marlo's Christmas Gift!!

My Best Friend Marlo loves Flamingos!! So I always try to make sure I get her something flamingo for both her birthday and Christmas; I have been doing this forever!! Seeing as we have been bestest friends since 6th grade that is a LONG time ;). So this Christmas My Mommy and I decided we wanted to make bags and possibly approns. Useful bags for say groceries! That was our main goal we went on a hunt and found what we would start out with in Buttrick pattern B5338 Bag d. After making the first one we started tweaking them to our liking. For Marlo's I used a pretty stiff interfacing so that her bag held it's shape.  I also used the pattern  Butterick 6567 B which I made reversible with flamingos on one side and bright pink on the other!! I was quite excited since I have never really sewen before until these attempts. Marlo's bag and appron were done toward the end of the time, but was the set that I did completely on my own!!! Now my bummer on the apron is I didn't pay attention to the direction of the flamingos so alas they are upside down!! But I am still happy with my cute little Retro Flamingo Apron!! Either way She was shocked and happy to see her new bag and adorable apron. Even if she doesn't wear it she has it!!

No comments: