Sunday, October 10, 2010

Honey Chicken Stir Fry

That's right you guessed it, The Comfort Food Cook Book!! ok.. so I have been very very far behind, can you tell, sooo many posts in one day, hours at this damn computer desk.. and soooo close to done.. I think..maybe I see a light of some sort!!! This was made earlier this week, as I said before I love Asian food.. all kinds, and this just sounded super yummy, I added pineapple chunks and water chestnuts, we love the sweet and crunch these add, so I almost always add it when I make a stir fry of some kind.
Huge hit with us, despite the Step Dad not a fan of Asian fare it was still a hit. I served it for Brown Rice.

Honey Chicken Stir Fry: 5 pts 1 cup of mixture.

1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 garlic clove, minced
3 tsp olive oil, divided
3 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 package (16 oz) frozen stir fry vegetable mix
2 tsp cornstarch
1 Tbsp cold water

Hot cooked rice

1. In a large nonstick skillet, stir fry chicken and garlic in 2 tsp oil. Add honey, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until chicken is lightly browned and juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
2. In same pan, stir-fry vegetables in remaining oi for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Return chicken to the pan; stir to coat. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into chicken mixture. Bring to a boil. cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve with rice.

No comments: