Sunday, October 10, 2010
Grilled Tri-Tip with Chipotle Butter slathered Corn and Cumin scented Sweet Potato Wedges
Cumin-Scented Sweet Potato Wedges: 1 pt per serving ( about 4 wedges)
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp paprika
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1. Spray the grill rack with nonstick spray. Preheat the grill to high or prepare a hot fire.
2. Put the sweet potato wedges in a large bowl and spray with olive oil nonstick spray; toss to coat evenly. Combine the remaining ingredients in a cup; sprinkle evenly over the potatoes. Toss to coat.
3. Arrange the potatoes, cut side down, on the grill rack and grill until tender and crispy in spots, about 7 minutes on each side.
** Now.. I totally didn't do all this lol.. I heated my oven to about 400 and roasted them instead. but we all agreed that we want to make pure the recipe, we think they would be even tastier!!
Grilled Tri-Tip with Chipotle Butter Slathered Corn: 6 pts
1 (1lb) tri-tip roast. trimmed
3/4 tsp salt
4 ears of corn, husks and silk removed
2 Tbsp light stick butter, softened
1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
1 Tbsp grated lime zest
1 tsp minced chipotle en adobo
1. Spray the grill rack with nonstick spray. Preheat the grill to medium-high or prepare a medium high fire.
2. Sprinkle the beef with 1/2 tsp of the salt. Place the beef and corn on the grill rack.Grill the beef until an instant read thermometer inserted into the center of the roast registers 145 for medium-rare, about 10 minutes; grill the corn until lightly charred in spots and tender, about 10 minutes. Transfer the beef to a cutting board and let rest 10 minutes. Transfer the corn to a serving dish and keep warm.
3. Meanwhile, to make the chipotle butter, mash together the butter, cilantro, lime zest, chipotle en adobo and the remaining 1/4 tsp salt in cup.
4. cut the beef into 12 slices. Spread the chipotle butter over the corn, and serve with beef.
Such a fantastic meal, super delicious and oh so easy to make!