Friday, May 21, 2010

Thumbprint cookies..maybe...

With all the damn Jam I had, I felt the need to put them in something. Now true.. this day may not have been the day to bake! I felt horrible... so it may have not been the best thing for me to do, but meh I did it lol. I learned long ago they may not always be pretty but usually tastes awesome!
I found the first recipe to use, I really didn't want them all made with nuts!

Almond Shortbread Thumbprints

1 cup butter, softened
2/3 c white sugar
1/2 tsp almond extract
2 c all purpose flour
1/2 c jam

1/2 c confectioners sugar
3/4 tsp almond extract
1 tsp milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a medium bowl, cream together butter, and white sugar until smooth. Mix in 1/2 tsp almond extract. Mix in flour until dough comes together. Roll dough into 1 1/2 inch balls and place on un-greased cookie sheets. Make a small hole in the center of each ball, using your thumb and finger, and fill the hole with preserves.
Bake for 14-18 minutes in preheated oven, or until lightly browned. let cool 1 minutes on the cookie sheets.
In a med bowl, mix together the confectioners sugar, 3/4 tsp almond extract and milk until smooth drizzle lightly over warm cookies. ( I had to add more milk to make it able to drizzle)
I not thinking forgot to rotate my pans.. sigh.. so the strawberry pan with both of my strawberry jams on it spread and browned a little more than I would have liked! but they tasted wonderful.

No comments: