Sunday, August 24, 2008

Book Marked Recipe

I almost thought I wasn't going to be able to do Book Marked Recipes this week, work had me super busy, but after telling our room mate a weird dream, he picked up on a small part and perked up with "oh we are having blueberry pancakes?" I thought, well yea we can tomorrow I guess. And then I remembered wait I just saw a recipe. And sure enough, in my newest edition of Fine Cooking, there is a recipe for Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes, perfect for a late Sunday breakfast. So about 11:30am I set out to make those yummy pancakes, with all the blueberries still in the freezer I say why not haha.
Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
4 tsp granulated sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 1/2 cups buttermilk
2 large eggs
2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1 pint blueberries, washed and picked over
honey, syrup, or jam of serving.
In a large bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk the buttermilk, eggs and butter.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. With as few strokes as possible, mix until the batter is evenly moistened but still a little lumpy. Let the batter rest for at least 5 minutes.
Very lightly oil a griddle and heat it evenly over medium heat until droplets from a sprinkle of water dance briefly on the surface before disappearing. From the tip of a large spoon, drop about 2 Tbsp. of butter onto the griddle and use the spoon to gently spread the batter into a round. Sprinkle a small handful of blueberries onto each pancake. Cook the pancakes until they're covered in bubbles on top and nicely browned on the bottom. Flip and cook the other side until it's nicely browned. Serve immediately.

Let me just say "WOW". Ok I will be honest, I have never made pancakes without the use of a premade mix of sorts. I have made waffles once at school, but do not recall pancakes. These were amazing! I will never use a mix again. So tender and fluffy, and the berries mmmm wonderful! I am gonna play with the fruit, maybe do strawberry or banana nut another time. They were fantastic. The hubby and room mate loved em, and I have 2 left for my breakfast tomorrow..YAY!! I am loving this event Ruth!! Everyone check out the rest!

1 comment:

Ruth Strong said...

Hey Tina, these pancakes look so tasty! I love fruity pancakes!

Thanks for another great entry to bookmarked recipes