Saturday, August 9, 2008

Book Marked Recipe (#2 for me)


I really liked doing this last week, so I am gonna try to keep up with it. Book Marked Recipes Gives me a chance to do some of those savory things I keep thinking I should try. So this evening I did one from Cooking Light Magazine. Cooking Light is one of my favorite magazines. Not only are there great recipes, but tons of healthy information. I am always trying to better myself, and want to eat and live more healthier, and Cooking Light helps me take my baby steps in the right direction. So this evening I reached back to the March 2007 issue and made Spicy Honey-Brushed Chicken Thighs. Now, I am not a dark meat fan, I prefer and choose the breast meat more times than not, but my husband loves thigh meat, and since there were some on sale, I through in the towel and made the recipe. I also cheated, and did on the skin and with the bone thighs..again they were cheaper, and right now, saving $$ is on the top of my list.
These were awesome! We both loved them. Wonderful heat, and a touch of sweetness. I cheated again, and added a tid bit of my homemade peach jam to the honey mixture adding another layer of flavor and sweetness to the chicken, was amazing!

Spicy Honey-Brushed Chicken Thighs:

2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp ground red pepper
(I also added a sprinkle of pepper flakes)
8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
cooking spray
6 tbsp honey
2 tsp cider vinegar

1. Preheat broiler.
2. Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Add chicken to bowl; toss to coat. Place chicken on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil pan coated with cooking spray. Broil chicken 5 minutes on each side.
3. Combine honey and vinegar in a small bowl, stirring well. Remove chicken from oven; brush 1/4 cup honey mixture on chicken. Broil 1 minute. Remove chicken from oven and turn over. Brush chicken with remaining honey mixture. Broil 1 additional minute or until chicken is done.
Yield: 4 servings (2 thighs each)
And that was our Saturday night dinner. Nicely sweet and spicy and a definite keeper! Thanks Ruth!!

2 comments:

Ruth Strong said...

Tina I absolutely love the sound of this, i love using honey so I think I'll be bookmarking this for myself now!!!

Thanks for sending it over for the round up!

Soli Deo Gloria said...

Can I book mark what you bookmarked? This sounds yummy!
-- Ning, Heart and Hearth