Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Chicken Lime Taco's

We have been all over trying new things, well technically had been but I have had some crazy health things come up and well the Blog was left with much to update haha.. So I am going to try to get it done in the next few days! 1 of the books we have been using is the Taste of home Comfort Food Diet cookbook. My friend Atlantis gave it to me when I was visiting Indiana this past summer. It is a great book! anyone that loves comfort food I definitely suggest it, Mom likes it because it is not fancy, it's down to earth ingredients. We eat a lot of Chicken, and this recipe is super easy!! And very tasty! I served the tacos in heated up corn tortilla's instead of the flour, but both work great!

1 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
3 Tbsp lime juice
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 c frozen corn
1 c chunky salsa
12 fat free flour tortillas (6-in) warmed
toppings of choice.

Place the chicken in a 3 qt slower cooker. Combine lime juice and chili powder, pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours.

Remove the chicken; cool slightly. Shred and return to the slow cooker. Stir in corn and salsa. Cover and cook on low for 30min or until heated through. Serve in tortillas with toppings of choice.

You may feel the urge to drain the liquid when you take out the chicken, I did, and I regretted it, you need the juices with the salsa and corn so it is not dry, but we added a little to make up for what I took out. It was great. Very tasty!!

I also went through the book and worked out all the Weight Watcher points for every meal, and this one is 3 pts per taco! not bad at all!! But the points are based on the tortilla's requested in the recipe, not my corn ones, and I so wished I had some Cilantro.. that would have made my little taco's perfect!

No comments: