Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Waiter there's something in my......

Yes, I was a busy bee today. Knocked off 2 events, and was planning 3..but omg I am tired now. Was quite excited to see this one, I love making tarts, and this just meant had to find something different. I have a couple different tart recipes for the holidays, a carmel pecan tart, cranberry pecan tart, apples and pears...but I wanted something different. So I started looking. And what did I find...A Banana's Foster Tart. and it looks sooo yummy. Warm carmely banana's, pecans and a flakey crust..who could ask for more.


I remembered seeing it before and the urge to make it was overwhelming. So here it is, and let me say that with that scoop of vanilla ice cream...wow was it good!!




http://www.cooksister.com/2007/11/waiter-theres-s.html

ok, so I was asked to post the recipe as well. I am gonna post it as is in the book, For the crust, I made my own pastry dough, and well, that would be an even longer post, and I am too tired to do that :P haha.

Bananas Foster Tart

Crust:

1 refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box,

or your own tart dough =)

Filling:

2 medium bananas ( I added one, i like it full haha) cut into 1/4 inch thick slices

4 1/2 teaspoons light rum or 1/2 tsp rum extract plus 4 teaspoons water

2 teaspoons grated orange peel

2/3 cup chopped pecans

2/3 cup packed brown sugar

1/4 cup whipping cream

1/4 cup butter or margarine

1/2 tsp vanilla

vanilla ice cream, if Desired

1. Heat oven to 450. Make 1 pie crust as directed on box for one crust baked shell using 9 inch tart pan with a removable bottom, or 9 inch glass pie pan. Place 1 crust in pan, press in bottom and up sides of pan. Trim edge if necessary. Bake 9-11 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. (ok for this section, if you are using your own tart dough, then just bake it as you would for that recipe. mine was at 350 for about 20 min. )

2.In a small bowl, mix bananas and rum to coat. Sprinkle orange peel evenly in bottom of baked shell. Arrange bananas in single layer over peel. Sprinkle with pecans.

3.In heavy 2-quart saucepan, mix brown sugar, whipping cream and butter. Cook and stir over medium-high heat 2-3 minutes or until mixture boils. Cook 2-4 minutes longer, stirring constantly, until mixture has thickened and is deep golden brown.

4.Remove saucepan from heat, stir in vanilla. Spoon warm filling over bananas and pecans. Cool 30 minutes. Serve warm or cool with ice cream. Store in refigerator.

there we go =) all enjoy.

4 comments:

Angel said...

That is so gorgeous. I think it looks irresistible cut as a slice on the plate just ready to be devoured.
I want the recipe. gimme gimme gimme lol

african vanielje said...

Fantastic, definitely a topless tart. The jury is out on mine being topless. And cranberry cupcakes too? You're a blogging event maniac!!

T’s Treats said...

its so very addictive, I had 5 I wanted to do, and 2 are still possibilities hehe, but we will see what I accomplish.

Jeanne said...

I have to admit, even to a non-banana eater, that looks pretty tempting! Thanks so much for making time in your busy baking schedule & daring to go topless this month :)