Thursday, May 16, 2013

Pan Cakes........

So every now and then I get this craving for pancakes... but I am one lonely person and well I do not want to make a huge batch for just me. Yes I know there is the ability to freeze and heat up later and so on and so forth but.. nope I just don't wanna do that. So I went on a search and came across this little blog Chocolatecoveredkatie.com and there were tons of pancakes just staring at me! I clicked the blueberry picture and looked at the recipe... YAY serves 1!!! Well.. I didn't have any blueberries but I did have strawberries so thought what the heck lets test this out!

I have since made three variations using this wonderfully simple recipe; a recipe that will be my mainstay as a single serving forever! Super glad I came across her blog!  I have made my strawberry pancakes, I have thrown in mini chocolate chips and today I poured the batter over some lefter over bacon! I definitely will not cook the bacon to crisp when planning to reuse it in bacon pancakes ;) but it was damn tasty!

Enjoy this super easy recipe for a single serving of pancakes, again I thank you Chocolatecoveredkatie!

The recipe as was in the blog/site:

Blueberry Pancakes
(Serves 1)
  • 1/2 cup blueberries
  • 1/3 cup flour (ww pastry, white, spelt, or even Bob’s gluten-free)
  • 2 tbsp rolled oats
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 2/3 tsp baking powder
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1 tbsp sugar or 1 packet stevia (omit if you don’t want sweet pancakes)
  • 1/3 cup milk of choice
  • Unless you like the taste of fat-free pancakes, add 1 tbsp oil and reduce milk by that amount.
Combine dry ingredients in a bowl, then add wet. Mix, but don’t overmix. Cook on an oiled (or sprayed) pan, on low-medium, flipping each pancake once.

I left my pancakes fat free and Mine did not come out nearly as tall as hers, but They are extremely tasty and I am grateful for having the recipe!  I used a few sliced strawberries in my first batch, a handful of mini chocolate chips in the next batch, and 3 slices of bacon in the 3rd.  I have made them as just basic pancakes as well.. love that I have a basic single serving recipe!!!!

No comments: