Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Tropical Banana Muffins with Macadamia Nut Streusel


So this is the next muffin I was itching to make, and when I make one batch I am gonna make another one! I am not really capable to be in the kitchen for a single baking experience I need at least 2 recipes to make my kitchen time feel worthy!  Anyway… with yet another bazillion bananas in the freezer and the addition of pineapple and macadamia nuts I had to make this recipe. Of course my tweak is the streusel, the recipe calls for just a sprinkling of the macadamia nuts on top; I made my streusel and mixed in the macadamias. Completely different from my last muffin, and I can’t help but think this recipe would be an amazing quick bread!! Super tasty and easy, so worth my kitchen time! OH! Where is the recipe from you ask?? Cause I am so not going to NOT post where I get my recipes lol .. This recipe comes to us from the July 2011 issue of Simple & Delicious.. there were tons of popsicle recipes I would have loved to make if I had a reason or kids to make them for too haha.   Either way, rock on Simple & Delicious for an awesome Muffin recipe! 

Tropical Banana Muffins with Macadamia Nut Streusel:

3 c all purpose flour
2 c sugar
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
3 eggs
1 c canola oil
 Tsp. vanilla extract
3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
1 c flaked coconut
1 can (8oz) crushed pineapple, drained
1 c macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
Your fave streusel

In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.  In another bowl, combine the eggs, oil and vanilla.  Stir into dry ingredient just until moistened. Fold in the bananas, coconut and pineapple.

Fill paper lined muffin cups and top with streusel (toss nuts into streusel first).  Bake at 375 for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.  Cool 5 minutes in pan on wire racks, then remove from pan and cool completely on wire racks.

Yum!! Seriously.. a quick bread would be amazing but a sweet treat anytime and these will make decisions at breakfast tomorrow morning hard!!  Oh and these got yellow paper cups for the bananas hehe :D.

No comments: