Friday, December 3, 2010

Harvest Pumpkin Apple Bread .. Yum!

So I found another pumpkin bread recipe when I was on the hunt for the Cranberry Pumpkin bread. This one took fresh chopped apple. It looked so yummy that I had to try it. It also gave me the chance to use my knew Nordic Loaf Pan!! I so love Nordic Ware!! I found the recipe again at Meals.com so yay for a link!!  We loved the Harvest Pumpkin Apple Bread! It was so tasty and fresh! And of course I had to add some nuts!! So I through in some walnuts as well. Super tasty recipe!!



Harvest Pumpkin Apple Bread:
Ingredients:
3 cups all-purpose flour 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon 2 teaspoons baking soda 1 1/2 teaspoons salt 3 cups granulated sugar 1 can (15 oz.) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin 4 large eggs 1 cup vegetable oil 1/2 cup apple juice or water 1 large baking apple, peeled, cored and diced

 

Directions

PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease and flour two 9 x 5-inch loaf pans.

COMBINE flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Combine sugar, pumpkin, eggs, vegetable oil and apple juice in large mixer bowl; beat until just blended. Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in apples. Spoon batter into prepared loaf pans.

BAKE for 65 to 70 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

FOR THREE 8 X 4-INCH LOAF PANS:
PREPARE
as above. Bake for 60 to 65 minutes.

FOR FIVE OR SIX 5 X 3-INCH MINI-LOAF PANS:
PREPARE
as above. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This really does look delicious, your new tin worked brilliantly. X