Thursday, July 31, 2008

My Return!!


How is that for a speedy return ;). It was ironic that I had planned on trying a recipe I saw in a magazine and then came across Booked Marked Recipes from Ruth's Kitchen Experiments
I thought how perfect is that to be able to jump right in with a post the day I decided I should be able to pull of Returning to the blogging world and the Wonderful Daring Bakers. I am quite excited and it. I bought the Newest edition of Rachael Rays "EveryDay" and came across Creamy Parsley and Pistachio Fettuccine. I thought to myself..hmm the husband loves pistachio's I wonder if I can get him to try it, and to my amazement he was all for it. YAY!! So, here I sit, pesto half done, pasta boiling as I start the type up of my Booked Marked Recipe.
Well that was as far as I got before I finished my Pasta!
I am quite happy I tested this out. For us both we agreed it would be great as a side dish, or topped with these stuffed mushrooms I make (he suggested that with a slight gleam in his eye ha-ha). We are both meat eaters, and definitely needed a little meat or something to accompany it. Though, for Vegetarian's this would be a great meal. I would definitely increase the garlic though, I like garlic and did 2 cloves to the recipes 1 and I would increase that to even 3 next time I make it. (There will be a next time ..it was agreed that I could play with it hehe).
I also threw in a handful of baby spinach leaves cause well I can't get him to eat spinach for my life so might as well try to be sneaky about it. I didn't change the liquid though so it was a bit thick, so next time or if any of you decide to try it and add a little to it, just add a little extra cream or pasta water, though we liked it think =).
I have to say, I really liked the lemon in it, was not overly strong, and just enhanced it perfectly!


With out further ado, I give you:
Everyday with Rachael Ray's "Creamy Parsley and Pistachio Fettuccine

Salt
1 pound fettuccine pasta
3/4 c heavy cream
grated peel and juice of 1 lemon
1/3 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (a generous handful)
1/4 cup shelled natural pistachio nuts, lightly toasted) ( OMG I forgot to toast them LOL doh..)
1 large clove garlic, greated or finely chopped ( I smashed 2 cause well they get chopped in the food processor right? hehe)
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
pepper

1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the pasta and cook until al dente; drain.
2. While the pasta is working, in a small saucepan, warm the cream and lemon peal over medium heat.
3. Using a food processor, puree the parsley, cheese, nuts and garlic. Mix in the lemon juice. With the machine on, blend in the EVOO until combined.
4. Place the pesto in a large pasta bowl; season with salt and pepper. Stir in the hot cream mixture, add the pasta and toss.Enjoy! I was pleasantly surprised, my first real attempt at pesto, and can't wait to play with it again, and am so gonna start going through all of my magazines (thousands of them... oi) and doing this one weekly!! Even gave me a chance to use my large pasta bowl I bought over a year ago lol. I hope someone tries and enjoys it as much as we did!!

3 comments:

Kayla said...

Wow that looks so good. I love the green color with the little dollop on the top. So pretty. I love pistachio's tooo. I want a bite.

Ruth Strong said...

That looks gorgeous!!!! Just like the original picture!

Great job on a bookmarked recipe!

Soli Deo Gloria said...

I love garlic, I love pistachios and parsley. This is a great combination!

Thanks for visiting my blog...
- Heart and Hearth