- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp curry powder, mild or hot, to taste
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 3 medium scallion(s), thinly sliced, green and white parts separated
- 1/2 cup(s) light coconut milk
- 1 pound(s) shrimp, large, shelled and deveined
- 3 cup(s) cooked brown rice
- Coat a medium to large skillet with cooking spray; add oil and set over medium heat. When heated, add curry powder and salt; cook, stirring constantly, until curry is fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add white parts of scallions; cook, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes more. Add coconut milk; stir to blend. Add shrimp; cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp turn pink, about 4 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle with green parts of scallions; serve. Yields about 5 to 6 shrimp, 3/4 cup rice and 1 to 2 tablespoons sauce per serving.
So.. I serve..and it was a hit! The Brother loved it all, only request..how about you pull the tails off all the shrimp before you cook it?? I was like pssh lazy :P and Mom..tried 2 pieces of the asparagus with hers..and even said she liked it!! She liked it all!! YAY!! I have permission to make it again.
Now what would I change?? I am thinking of adding some crushed red pepper to the curry for a little bit of heat. Either way.. it was soo yummy!! the shrimp and rice were 7pts..and hmm I didn't look up the asparagus..but I doubt its more than..2-3 points..(assuming cause atm too lazy to look it up :P) a great meal either way!